Session 12 — August 22 - August 26 — (9am - tpm Daily) —— ENTER CAMPER INFORMATION ——
Monday, Aug 22, 2022 - 9:00 am through Friday, Aug 26, 2022 - 5:00 pm
Please read all information below to ensure an understanding of Day Camp and how to Register.
CAMP DATES and TIMES - Both are shown at the top of this page for this specific session.
REGISTRATION - The "sign-up" process below must be completed for each camper in order to start the registration process for a week of camp
TO REGISTER -
1. Click the << + sign-up >> bar at the bottom of this page
2. Enter the SAILOR'S NAME, a contact phone number and email address where all communications are to be sent, and answer all questions
Once the process is complete you will be taken back to this event page and the sailor's name should show at the bottom. Please make sure all sailors are registered individually. If you are registering for multiple weeks, you must complete the registration process multiple times.
REGISTRATION FEES and OPTIONAL ADD-ONS...
- Day Camp Fee: $400/wk
- Required Day Camp Deposit: $100/week
- Sibling Discount: $25/wk for brothers/sisters in the same family.
- ASA 110 Small Boat Sailing Certification: $100
- Crew Lunch Program: $37.50/wk
- Captain Lunch Program: $50/wk
- Harken Derm Sunscreen: $39.95
ALL SAILORS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN...
- USCG approved Life Jacket that is sized appropriately - (Bow to Stern can provide a lifejacket if needed)
- Closed toed water shoes that fit appropriately (NO flip flops)
- Lunch each day unless you choose our lunch option which is provided by a local restaurant. (cooler/refrigerator space is not provided)
- Full (Re-Fillable) Water Bottle each day
- Sunscreen, Hat, and Sunglasses
- Clothes/bathing suit for when they are in the water and a towel
- Long-sleeve UV shirts work well for sailing and sun protection over a bathing suit
- Nylon pants or UV pants/leggings for use over a bathing suit
- Extra pair of shoes (A second pair that will not need to get wet but can be changed into during land activities)
SAILOR CHECK-IN This will be done at 9:00am on Monday at the Bow to Stern Offices, located at Bow to Stern Boating - 290 Blackwell Point Loop Rd, Oriental NC. Here, we will confirm payment and paperwork, as well as introduce staff, discuss general information, and answer any questions. Parents are encouraged to stay for this initial meeting.
LATE ARRIVALS AND EARLY DEPARTURES - The camp day starts with instructional time and boat preparations and ends with putting up boats as well as a daily debrief. These are very important parts of the day in which each sailor needs to take part. If your sailor must arrive late or leave early, please let the Captains know ahead of time so that they can make arrangements.
PARENT INTERACTION - We welcome you to watch your sailor learn new skills, challenge themselves, and learn to work as a team. If you would like to see them out on the water, contact one of the Captains and they will help you schedule a time to see them in action. You are also welcome to watch them while on shore. Please keep in mind that many times sailors may act differently while being watched. If this is the case, the staff may ask you to come back at a different time.
Each Friday the sailors travel to the Bean via camp boats for ice cream. We encourage you to come watch them arrive at TownDock. Check with the Captains Friday morning to get an ETA to TownDock.
PICTURE RELEASE - By registering my sailor, I grant Bow to Stern Boating permission to use my sailor's likeness in a photograph, video, or other digital media (“photo”) in any and all of its publications, including web-based publications, without payment or other consideration.
PAYMENT POLICY - After you "sign-up" you will receive an invoice for the Day Camp Session(s) for which you have registered. A minimum $100 deposit per week is required to confirm the reservation. The balance is due no later than one week prior to the start of the Sailor's week of camp. We recommend that you make all payments online via our online payment system. The camp week is not confirmed until the deposit is received. Emails for all payments will be sent to via email (to the Sailor's email entered at the time of registration) as confirmation of payment.
CANCELLATION POLICY - A week of camp can be cancelled with more than 4 weeks notice for a full refund of any payments already made. Cancellations with less than 4 but more than 2 weeks notice from the start of camp will forfeit a $50 registration fee. Cancellations after the required balance due date (two weeks prior to the start of the week of camp) will forfeit 50% of the Camp fee. Refunds are not provided for No-Shows.
Week(s) can be moved up to one week prior to the start of camp without penalty and with a $25 change fee with less than a week notice.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY - Cancellations with full refund or rescheduling without penalty is possible for any week that has unsafe weather for more than 50% of the class duration. Unsafe weather is defined as tropical storm/hurricane or unsafe sailing conditions (winds above 15kts in the creeks). We do not cancel for low winds, rain, or heat as we will have programming appropriate for the weather.
|Day Camp Participant||2||22|